Friday, January 27, 2012

The silence of 4 years...

I guess I don't have anything pertinent to add to this blog. I no longer feel the need to voice my thoughts to everyone. I write elsewhere privately now. I am still around.

My life is so unimaginably different today than it was 4 years ago when I last contributed to this blog. I wrote these things during one of the most troublesome, difficult times of my life. What a different life I now have... I have no fears nor regrets about the choices I've made.

I suppose I came here for nostalgia's sake. Perhaps because I wonder if anyone ever sifts through the archived pages of this blog... I wonder if it serves any purpose being here or if I should hide my words.

Hello digital world of 1's and 0's... Is there a human out there or just static?


6 comments:

Trev said...

Hi, I have been voraciously reading all the posts that come up on the Moho Directory for about the last year and a half, so I'm afraid I didn't follow your blog in its heyday, but I read several posts back, and it's really good.

Because of the time we are living in, I feel that all our stories are incredibly valuable, both to look back on in the future and to help others, now, get through these trying times trying to figure out what to do with their gayness. You may be done with your hard choices and your blog, but please leave it up; you never know who will come across it or read something from your experience that resonates with and helps them.

Matt Jaggi- Blog de 1020 said...

I agree with Trev. I just started my account today actually, so have yet to even write anything witty or awe inpiring. However, I believe we all have a lot we can share as we all come from such different life experiences. You, for example, have completed an open heart surgery, won a spelling bee in Sri Lanka (or wherever it was you wrote) and all before graduating college! ;) So yes, do keep your stuff posted.

Sulli said...

I like it when some of you former bloggers randomly post after years of inactivity. I get to see blog roles I've never seen before. You are proof that we can get past things...

Neal said...

Ditto what everyone else said!

Distinguishing Preoccupation said...

Hey thanks y'all for posting. It seems that I've been on a roller coaster through the past recently. It's so fascinating to look back with nostalgic wonder and the places you've been.
Just today I went into my google account settings to delete my browsing history and anonymize it with the advent of their new privacy policy. - http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/320137 - Before deleting it however, I went and looked at some of the searches I'd performed. It's remarkable. The precision to the very date and time that you queried for information is astounding. My account goes back all the way to the start of 2006. It's amazing how much has transpired since then.

Maybe I should post a little more often on here...

Distinguishing Preoccupation said...

Oh and thank you Trev and everyone else for reading... It's really quite flattering that anyone should find my words interesting at the least.